To participate in the Open Design Competition, you will need a kit. The kit contains everything you need for the workshops and to get you started on your team's project. Make sure your team is registered before ordering a kit.
In the kit you'll find:
- An Arduino (a microcontroller, like a mini-computer)
- A servo motor (robots anyone?)
- A DC motor (go go Speed Racer!)
- LED's (a must)
- A temperature sensor (bring on the heat!)
- Resistors (not so futile)
- Diodes (make the world go round...one direction)
- Transistors (yeah, we go there)
- A USB cable and other goodies
The kit costs $35. You can order it using the link below. After registration closes, we will order the kits and they will be ready for pick up during the first workshop.