Sunday, January 20, 2013

Workshop 3 and MiniDC

Hey folks!  

The MiniDC and next workshop will be this upcoming Wednesday (the 23rd) at 7pm.  I'll get the room to you when I have it (still waiting on room confirmation), but it will likely be in one of the Clark classrooms.

If your MiniDC project needs an external power source (ie needs to be plugged in), it would be smart to bring an extension cord if you have one. If you are unable to make it but have a project to submit, make a video of you explaining and demonstrating your project and send it to me.  We will be awarding a Raspberry Pi and 3D printed prizes for the best projects.

The workshop will focus on motors and motor control as well as how to work with solenoids.  I had planned on doing a servo workshop and posting it online over break, but I decided against it.  Servos are very simple things to work with and I thought it would be better to show you guys everything in person and be able to answer questions than to put an ambiguous video online.

As always, email me with any questions.

Best,
Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment